Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

I feel like we dodged a bullet when it comes to Tyler's eyesight. When he was a baby, my eye doctor said I needed to get his eyes checked before he turned 3 since my eyes are so bad. We got them checked and they were great. Since then it has become extremely obvious that his eyes are close to perfect. He can see things on the road or outside long before I can see them when I have my contacts or glasses on.

While I wasn't quite as quick getting Megan's checked, I did get them checked when she was 3. At that point, her eyes were not perfect but they were not bad enough to justify correcting them. Apparently, kids eyes can often correct themselves in the early years. This past year, I have noticed her doing a couple of the things I did before I got glasses (to compensate for not being able to see). She has always passed the school eye tests etc but I felt it was time to get her eyes checked again. Lo and behold, she needed glasses. Thankfully, her eyes aren't nearly as bad as mine are. So, a few weeks before school started we picked out frames and her glasses arrived just a few days before school started. She put them on and hasn't looked back.