Tuesday, January 11, 2011
About to Turn a Corner...We Think
Tyler will be 8 this Saturday. I say it every year but it truly is hard to believe he is already so grown up. Lately, he has been in the midst of growing turmoil. I was fortunate enough to learn about phases of "disequilibrium" early on in my parenting journey. It is what happens during those growth spurts and makes kids feel a bit (or totally and completely) out of sorts. For over a month now, Tyler has been eating more than he ever does and is still constantly hungry, he has been more sensitive than normal, and he has been testing limits with Kevin and me. He acknowledges what is going on but we have all started to wonder, "when will this end?" I really think this may be the biggest growth spurt he has had since toddlerhood. However, we are beginning to see signs that we may be turning a corner. Tyler's eating is slowing down a little, he is arguing less, and yesterday when I asked him to clean his room, not only did he do it right after I asked, he made it spotless. Unbelievable! One of the great things about seeing my kids after they come out of their phases of disequilibrium is the drastic developmental jumps they make as a result. This week, we have seen glimpses of these jumps and it makes us eager to see what this almost 8 year old has in store for us over the next few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment